hepi bday cuq...
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
May 14 is the 134th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (135th in leap years). There are 231 days remaining.
* 1264 - Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured in France making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.
* 1483 - Coronation of Charles VIII of France ("Charles l'Affable").
* 1509 - Battle of Agnadello: In northern Italy, French forces defeat the Venetians.
* 1607 - Jamestown, Virginia is settled as an English colony.
* 1608 - Protestant Union founded in Auhausen.
* 1610 - Assassination of Henri IV of France, bringing Louis XIII to the throne.
* 1643 - Four-year-old Louis XIV becomes King of France upon the death of his father, Louis XIII.
* 1747 - A British fleet under Admiral George Anson defeats the French at first battle of Cape Finisterre.
* 1787 - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, delegates begin to meet to write a new Constitution for the United States.
* 1796 - Edward Jenner administers the first smallpox vaccination.
* 1804 - The Lewis and Clark Expedition departs from Camp Dubois and begin their historic journey by traveling up the Missouri River.
* 1811 - Paraguay gains independence from Spain.
* 1861 - The Canellas meteorite, an 859-gram chondrite-type meteorite strikes the earth near Barcelona, Spain.
* 1863 - American Civil War: Battle of Jackson (MS).
* 1868 - Japanese Boshin War: End of the Battle of Utsunomiya Castle, former Shogunate forces withdraw northward to Aizu by way of Nikkō.
* 1870 - The first game of rugby in New Zealand is played in Nelson between Nelson College and the Nelson Rugby Football Club.
* 1889 - The children's charity the NSPCC is launched in London.
* 1900 - The 1900 Summer Olympics open in Paris.
* 1913 - New York Governor William Sulzer approves the charter for the Rockefeller Foundation, which begins operations with a $100 million donation from John D. Rockefeller.
* 1927 - Cap Arcona is launched at the Blohm + Voss shipyard in Hamburg.
* 1927 - University of Chicago's local collegiate organization, Phi Sigma, becomes incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois as Eta Sigma Phi, the National Honorary Classical Fraternity.
* 1929 - Wilfred Rhodes takes his 4000th first-class wicket during a performance of 9 for 39 at Leyton.
* 1931 - Ådalen shootings, five people are killed in Ådalen, Sweden, as soldiers open fire on an unarmed trade union manifestation.
* 1935 - The Filipinos ratify an independence agreement.
* 1935 - Northamptonshire County Cricket Club gains (over Somerset at Taunton by 48 runs) what proved to be their last victory for 99 matches, easily a record in the County Championship. Their next Championship win was not until 29 May, 1939.
* 1939 - Lina Medina becomes the world's youngest confirmed mother in medical history at the age of five.
* 1940 - World War II: Rotterdam is bombed by the German Luftwaffe.
* 1940 - World War II: The Netherlands surrender to Germany.
* 1943 - Sinking of the Australian Hospital Ship Centaur off the coast of Queensland, by a Japanese submarine.
* 1948 - Israel declared to be an independent state and a provisional government is established. Immediately after the declaration, Israel was attacked by the neighboring Arab states.
* 1955 - Cold War: Eight communist bloc countries, including the Soviet Union, sign a mutual defence treaty called the Warsaw Pact.
* 1961 - American civil rights movement: Freedom Riders bus is fire-bombed near Anniston, Alabama, and the civil rights protestors are beaten by an angry mob.
* 1970 - The Red Army Faction is established in Germany.
* 1973 - Skylab, the United States' first space station, is launched. It is the last launch of the Saturn V rocket.
Launch of the Saturn INT-21, carrying the Skylab space station.
Launch of the Saturn INT-21, carrying the Skylab space station.
* 1977 - In Milan, Italy, during a demonstration of the far-left, a hooded extremist shoots at police, killing a policeman, Antonino Custrà. The scene is photographed and the picture  of the hooded man shooting in the middle of the street will appear in many magazines around the world.
* 1978 - First round of the presidential elections in Upper Volta.
* 1986 - Formula One Italian driver Elio De Angelis has a terrible crash with his Brabham at the Paul Ricard circuit in France during a test session. He will die the next day at the Marseille hospital.
* 1988 - Carrollton bus disaster: A drunk driver going the wrong way on Interstate 71 near Carrollton, Kentucky, USA hits a converted school bus carrying a church youth group. The crash and ensuing fire kill 27.
* 1995 - Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, proclaims six-year-old Gedhun Choekyi Nyima as the eleventh reincarnation of the Panchen Lama.
* 1998 - The finale of Seinfeld airs on NBC, with 76 million viewers tuning in.
* 2002 - Ten members of the Darwin-based Network Against Prohibition invade the Legislative Assembly of the Northern Territory of Australia.
* 2004 - The Constitutional Court of South Korea overturns the impeachment of President Roh Moo-hyun.
* 2004 - The marriage of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark and Mary Donaldson takes place in Copenhagen.
* 2005 - Pope Benedict XVI observes his first beatification, elevating Blessed Marianne of Molokai on the road to canonization into sainthood.
* 2005 - Ex-America (CV-66), a decommissioned supercarrier of the United States Navy, is deliberately sunk in the Atlantic Ocean after four weeks of live-fire exercises. She is the largest ship ever to be disposed of as a target in a military exercise.
* 2006 - Much of New England is hit with a massive flood, forcing people out of their homes and causing millions of dollars worth of damage.
* 2007 - Filipino's head to the polls to elect 17,889 public officials in the Philippine mid-term elections
* 1316 - Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1378)
* 1553 - Margaret of Valois, wife of Henry IV (d. 1615)
* 1666 - Victor Amadeus II of Sardinia (d. 1732)
* 1679 - Peder Horrebow, Danish astronomer (d. 1764)
* 1699 - Hans Joachim von Zieten, Prussian field marshal (d. 1786)
* 1701 - William Emerson, English mathematician (d. 1782)
* 1703 - David Brearly, delegate to the U.S. Constitutional Convention (d. 1785)
* 1710 - King Adolf Frederick of Sweden (d. 1771)
* 1727 - Thomas Gainsborough, English artist (d. 1788)
* 1752 - Timothy Dwight, American theologian (d. 1817)
* 1771 - Robert Owen, Welsh social reformer (d. 1858)
* 1832 - Rudolf Lipschitz, German mathematician (d. 1903)
* 1867 - Kurt Eisner, German politician (d. 1919)
* 1880 - Wilhelm List, German field marshal (d. 1971)
* 1878 - James L. Wilkinson, American baseball executive (d. 1964)
* 1881 - G. Murray Hulbert, American politician (d. 1950)
* 1881 - Ed Walsh, American baseball player (d. 1959)
* 1885 - Otto Klemperer, German-born conductor (d. 1973)
* 1890 - Alex Pompez, American baseball executive (d. 1974)
* 1897 - Sidney Bechet, American musician (d. 1959)
* 1899 - Pierre Victor Auger, French physicist (d. 1993)
* 1904 - Hans Albert Einstein, American professor (d. 1973)
* 1904 - Marcel Junod, Swiss physician (d. 1961)
* 1907 - Ayub Khan, President of Pakistan (d. 1974)
* 1907 - Johnny Moss, American poker player (d. 1995)
* 1916 - Del Moore, American comedian (d. 1970)
* 1917 - Lou Harrison, American composer (d. 2003)
* 1919 - John Hope, American meteorologist (d. 2002)
* 1919 - Solange Chaput-Rolland, French Canadian journalist, author and politician (d. 2001)
* 1921 - Richard Deacon, American actor (d. 1984)
* 1921 - Arve Opsahl, Norwegian actor (d. 2007)
* 1922 - Franjo Tuđman, President of Croatia (d. 1999)
* 1926 - Eric Morecambe, British comedian (d. 1984)
* 1929 - Gump Worsley, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2007)
* 1931 - Alvin Lucier, American composer
* 1934 - Siân Phillips, Welsh actress
* 1936 - Bobby Darin, American singer (d. 1973)
* 1936 - Charlie Gracie, American singer
* 1940 - Troy Shondell, American singer
* 1942 - Byron Dorgan, U.S. Senator
* 1942 - Tony Pérez, Cuban baseball player
* 1942 - Valeriy Brumel, Soviet athlete (d. 2003)
* 1943 - Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, President of Iceland
* 1943 - Jack Bruce, Scottish bassist (Cream)
* 1943 - Derek Leckenby, British musician (Herman's Hermits) (d. 1994)
* 1943 - Elizabeth Ray, American sex scandal figure
* 1944 - George Lucas, American film director
* 1945 - Yochanan Vollach, former Israeli football player and current president of the Maccabi Haifa association
* 1946 - Eric Peterson, Canadian actor
* 1947 - Tamara Dobson, American actress (d. 2006)
* 1948 - Bob Woolmer, English cricket coach (d. 2007)
* 1952 - David Byrne, Scottish-American musician (Talking Heads)
* 1952 - Scott Irwin, American professional wrestler
* 1952 - Robert Zemeckis, American film director
* 1953 - Tom Cochrane, Canadian musician (Red Rider)
* 1953 - Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia
* 1955 - Dennis Martinez, Nicaraguan baseball player
* 1957 - Leon White, American professional wrestler
* 1959 - Patrick Bruel, French singer
* 1959 - Steve Hogarth, British singer (Marillion)
* 1959 - Rick Vaive, Canadian ice hockey player
* 1960 - Steve Williams, American wrestler
* 1961 - Tim Roth, English actor
* 1961 - Jean Leclerc, Quebec singer and songwriter
* 1961 - Alain Vigneault, French Canadian ice hockey head coach
* 1962 - C.C. DeVille, American musician (Poison)
* 1962 - Ian Astbury, English singer (The Cult)
* 1963 - Pat Borders, American baseball player
* 1965 - Eoin Colfer, Irish writer
* 1966 - Mike Inez, American bassist
* 1966 - Fabrice Morvan, French music artist
* 1966 - Raphael Saadiq, American music artist
* 1967 - Tony Siragusa, American football player
* 1969 - Cate Blanchett, Australian actress
* 1969 - Danny Wood, American singer (New Kids on the Block)
* 1971 - Sofia Coppola, American director
* 1972 - Mark Ruskell, England-born Scottish politician
* 1973 - Anais Granofsky, Canadian actress and director
* 1974 - Jennifer Allan, American model
* 1976 - Martine McCutcheon, British actress
* 1976 - Hunter Burgan, American musician (AFI)
* 1976 - Brian Lawrence, American baseball player
* 1977 - Ada Nicodemou, Australian actress
* 1977 - Roy Halladay, American baseball player
* 1978 - Andre Macanga, Angolan footballer
* 1978 - Henry Garza, American singer and guitarist (Los Lonely Boys)
* 1979 - Clinton Morrison, England-born Irish footballer
* 1979 - Carlos Tenorio, Ecuadorian footballer
* 1981 - Sarbel, Greek-born singer
* 1983 - Amber Tamblyn, American actress
* 1983 - Tom Welham, British musician (Thirteen Senses)
* 1983 - Uroš Slokar, Slovenian basketball player
* 1990 - Emily Samuelson, American ice dancer
* 1993 - Miranda Cosgrove, American actress
anak psycho gila..